Before going into the reasons as to why playing on Gamstop websites is a bad idea, let me first elaborate a little on Gamstop. Gamstop is a self-exclusion scheme developed by the government that bans registered users from accessing online casinos sites registered and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. Players have to voluntarily be included in this program and they can then decide for themselves how long they want to be ban for from accessing Gamstop online casino sites. While it appears that it is a good initiative for hardcore gambling addicts, it is not that ideal for regular or light gamblers who can control their gambling habits. In this article, our maximumcasinos experts will be elaborating further on why you should play on non-Gamstop websites.
For those who are looking for alternative casino sites than those on Gamstop, this article is written for you.
- First and foremost, you need to understand that once you are registered on Gamstop, you will not be allowed to access a list of online casino sites that are registered with Gamstop. This ban will be for as long as the initial period that you have selected. Therefore, should you ever have a change of mind, you will not be able to revert to your previous access rights. This means that you will not have a choice but to wait for the period of the ban to be over before you can access these online gambling sites again.
- Second, Gamstop is a failing system. While it appears as a pretty strong system, in reality, there are already multiple ways of circumventing its restrictions.
- Third, playing on non-Gamstop websites gives you unlimited freedom. We are not advocating for gambling addiction, but you should have the right to decide whether you want to gamble or to stop.
- Fourth, there is no way that you can sign up with Gamstop by accident unless you are on Gamstop registered online casinos which can happen from time to time. Hence, to prevent such incidents from happening totally, just start playing directly on non-Gamstop websites.
- Fifth, there seems to be this misconception that non-Gamstop casinos are unregulated and are hence illegal. This could not be more wrong. Non-Gamstop casinos are certified and licensed, just not by the UK Gambling Commission. Nevertheless, before playing it, you should always do your due diligence and read up on the casino that you will be playing.
- Sixth, non-Gamstop betting sites & casinos due to the misconception that people have towards them, have to do much more to attract players. Hence, they tend to have better promotional bonuses and pay-outs as compared to Gamstop casinos.
- Seventh, another misconception is that people who play on non-Gamstop casinos are automatically put under the blacklist for Gamstop casinos. This is only true for Gamstop casinos. The moment you are registered Gamstop, you may be blacklisted by some casinos.
- Eighth, some employers may be particular with you being registered on Gamstop. This could affect your employment opportunities or prospects.
- Ninth, Gamstop is not the only way to restrict yourself from gambling. There are many other better options out there that have the same effect.