CREDIT CARD CASINOS
As the United Kingdom GC had just come out with a brand new regulation limiting depositing options accepted by UK casinos online a large number players are now stuck with a shortage of online gambling sites to play at. The focus restriction is limiting the method of payment and amount a player can deposit at UK online gambling sites. Since the new regulation, many have been on the lookout for UK gambling sites that still accept credit cards to play.
The idea behind this limitation is in order to help players from the UK who have a harder time controlling their online gambling habits, put a stop to it. This also means that UK players who simply wish to play with a little extra cash in their account are blocked as well from doing so.
For this reason, we gathered the full list of UK online casinos that still accept credit cards. If you are a troubled gambler please STOP and seek some help at Gamcrare.
If you have no issue with money management, continue scrolling and enjoy our full review covering all aspects of online gambling sites that still accept credit card as a payment method.
In this page regarding UK online casinos still accepting credit card payments you will find:
- The only safe UK casino and betting sites that still accept Credit Card Payments
- Features of online Casinos with Credit Card as payment options
- A full explanation of the new credit card regulation regarding online casinos.
- Ways to find the best credit card Casinos
- The Do’s and Don’t Do’s for gambling sites not blocking credit cards
- All the safety measures you should take when playing at casino sites with credit cards
- Top deposit methods at credit card casinos
- Frequent asked questions & answers for UK Casinos accepting credit cards
TOP CREDIT CARD GAMBLING SITES 2020
CREDIT CARD SPORTS BETTING SITES
UK CASINO SITES STILL ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS
For years, credit cards such as Mastercard and Visa have ruled the online casino banking landscape. So far, they’ve proven themselves as the most reliable and safest payment method. The fact that they’re widely used for online purchases is another factor that plays into their popularity. As soon as online casinos were born, they immediately adopted this payment method and made it the default.
As the financial industry evolved, online casinos in the UK started moving toward digital payment methods. Known as e-wallets, they raised the bar higher for any other payment method. Faster than credit and debit cards and just as safe, e-wallets’ popularity climbed higher and higher with each passing year. And, although many players would rather use digital payment methods than traditional banking options, credit card casinos UK aren’t going anywhere.
It’s no surprise to see why. No matter how convenient e-wallets are, debit/credit cards will always stay the safest payment method. They require a bank account and we all know that banks put customer safety and security first. Anyone who has a bank account has a debit or credit card so why bother making an account on Neteller or Skrill when you can easily use your card to deposit or withdraw money from an online casino? In most cases, there are no transactions fees involved, and the whole process takes no more than a few seconds. They’re accepted in almost all casinos in the world and have reasonable limits and processing times that make them so convenient to use.
That being said, UK players might need to make the switch to e-wallets very soon.
PAYMENT OPTIONS UK CASINOS
The second you get to the payments section on casino sites, you will notice are wide array of methods available for gamblers. Probably the most accepted method of all is the credit card. This is the reason why UK players like this options of deposit and withdraw as it is the most convenient and efficient.
Online players in the UK have the options to play at a great number of online casino sites. A large number of these casinos allow you to deposit with your credit cards and are known as casino sites that accept credit cards. In addition, Online gambling in United Kingdom is 100% licensed and regulated. Aside from this, there are laws to help with player protections.
The UKGC is the most respected gambling body in the world. So if you see the UK Gambling commission logo on an online gambling site, you can be sure it’s safe and you can stake your bet without fearlessly. For this article, we examined the best payment options for online casino sites. Apart from the above, we will also discuss the pros of using credit cards at online casino sites in the UK, along with the risks involved in paying with credit cards at online casinos the accept credit cards. Th final questions we ask is: “Will UK players be able to use credit cards on all online casinos?” Read on to find answers to some vital questions regarding credit card casinos in the UK.
CAN I USE MY CREDIT CARDS AT UK ONLINE CASINOS?
Absolutely yes. Even though most UK casinos online are now limited as it comes to accepting credit cards from players due to the new regulation, there are still a handful of online casinos that still accept credit cards from UK players. In the casinos we listed, credit cards or debit cards are a great way to deposit and play! From the list above, each online gambling site allows deposits and withdrawals with credit cards, and even though the specifics of what they expect and which cards will work vary from casino to casino they all accept the most popular Visa and Mastercard.
Still, there is no 100% guarantee that every credit card will work at every given online gambling site. We get into the reasons for this more in the sections to follow.
If you really want to use credit cards to play at UK online gambling sites games, it is very important you remember that acceptance and rejection can vary across the gaming industry and even between the UK online casinos that still accept credit cards. In most cases this is not because of the site but due to the card itself and the service. A card might not work at one credit card gambling site, but still be accepted in many other credit card casinos. In addition, while one credit card such as Visa or Mastercard might not go through at a given online casino, other cards from the same brand might still be accepted without any issues. When it comes to it, credit cards might need a little experimentation to fully understand what works and where.
FEATURES OF CASINOS ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS IN UK
We are updating our list of Online Casinos that still accept all forms of Credit Cards for UK players all the time. The number of these casinos keeps changing all the time since casinos close and others launch. And even though most casinos still accepting credit cards in the UK are different and unique they all share some similar features.
Here you will find the characteristics most online casinos that accept Credit Cards in the UK have:
- International online casinos. Online game providers The still accept Credit Cards, accept players from all over the world. This is probably the most important thing to note for UK players as UK online casinos are limited by the United Kingdom GC when it comes to Credit Card payments.This is because international casinos do not have to abide to the UKGC and are at liberty to operate freely while still adhering to the regulations of the body where they are licensed. Since this is the case, the new casino – credit card regulation sent so many UK players searching for Curacao casinos, USA online gambling sites or international casinos to play at.
- No Verification needed! In most online casinos, you need to provide a form of ID such as a passport to deposit funds to your account. Also this means that an ID verification is a must if you want to play. This is not an issue with UK casinos that are still accept ing Credit Cards. Any casino that still accepts Credit Cards as a payment method will permit you to deposit and withdraw without any ID verification. This means that the casino will not ask you to verify any information with your ID. As operating by this way you get to still keep full anonymity while gambling.
- Licensed with Curacao, Malta, Gibraltar or other eGaming. As the UKGC limited credit card deposit and withdrawal options with UK online casinos, many other casino brands have been launching in the UK. These casinos are form different Countries from around the globe which means they have off-shore licensing bodies that permit online casinos to accept any kind of payment method. Having an off-shore licence guarantees players that the credit card accepting casinos are safe and that the slots and table games are non-rigged and random.
- Mobile friendly. All Casino sites that still accept Credit Cards from UK payers provide mobile-optimized versions of their casino site. This is Great for UK players who would prefer to be playing on the go, since they have the option to use their credit card accepting casino app and deposit anywhere and whenever they wish. Mobile online casinos have two main variations: mobile-optimized casinos or apps. Casinos that still accept credit cards in the UK can be found in Google Play Store or the App Store for Apple devices.
- Operated by providers that usually appear in US Casinos. As the case with traditional UK online casino sites that are limited when it comes to credit cards, the most popular software providers by far are IGT, Playtech, Quickspin, NetEnt, Microgaming etc. Still, they are difficult to locate in gambling sites which provide the option to deposit using credit cards. Since these gambling sites are regularly approached by players from the US, they provide casino games softwares which are very popular in the US. These include Gameart, Rival and RTG. So, If you are on the search for an American casino that accepts players from the UK, you will find what you are looking for in the list mentioned above.
FOREIGN ONLINE CASINOS THE NEXT DESTINATION FOR UK PLAYERS
With credit card casinos UK on their way out, players will need to start looking for alternative options. You won’t be able to make a deposit with Visa and Mastercard in online casinos UK come April, so you should either switch to alternative banking options or go international. The good news is that numerous foreign online casinos accept UK players and allow credit/debit card withdrawals. If you want our recommendation, Lord of Spins, 4Crowns, and Napoli casino are all great choices.
You can bet that all these gaming sites are safe and reliable. They offer a lot of bang for buck, meaning you’ll be able to play the best games in the industry and get the best bonus offers. Most importantly, you will be able to deposit with credit cards from April. That’s something you won’t be able to do in the United Kingdom starting from April 14.
Playing at international online casinos isn’t any different. As soon as you register, you’ll be able to pick your desired deposit method and fund your account. Once you have money on your bankroll, you’re free to enjoy a wide range of games from the industry’s best providers. If you don’t want to switch to e-wallets, don’t be disappointed – you can still scratch your gambling itch by playing in foreign web casinos that accept UK players.
WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE NEW REGULATION INCLUDE?
HOW TO FIND THE BEST CREDIT CARD CASINOS
There are a handful of things to consider when choosing which UK casino site is the best for what you are looking for, and at the moment, it seems that for most UK players the payment options are at the top of the priorities.
You might find a casino with the largest game selection you can imagine, the most generous welcome offers and best customer service possible. But, what if they don’t accept the payment method of your choice? This is what happened when the UKGC limited the credit card options at UK online casinos. Still, there are a number of international and UK casino brands still accepting credit cards as a means of payment. These brands accept a verity of methods including credit cards and debit cards to VISA, MasterCard, and Maestro. But how can you find these brands and be certain that they are safe to play their games? Let’s find out.
Most Popular Credit and Debit Cards Used at UK Online Casinos
Up until recently all the biggest and most popular credit card brands or debit cards were accepted across all UK casinos enabling players to make deposits and withdrawals with any payment method they preferred. These methods included:
- VISA Electron
Now, there are only a handful of online UK casinos still accepting credit cards from players.
Is Gambling with a Debit or Credit Card Safe for UK players?
In one word, yes! Online casinos that are accepting credit cards from UK players are safe and secure many times even more than traditional UK online casinos. The reason for this is that these brands are aimed at players from around the world and need to cater to the safety measures all players are accustomed to.
These credit card casino brands use some of the top rigorous security technologies which are used by the top online retailers worldwide. So you can rest at ease and be certain that your deposits, funds and any type of personal data you give these sites are perfectly safe and secure.
This includes depositing and withdrawing funds as well since every deposit or withdrawal transaction is backed by numerous levels of security. It is important to note that the extra security measures these brands take are not felt on the players’ side as signing up is just a matter of minutes.
Do Credit or Debit Card Deposits and Withdrawals have Fees?
At the casinos for UK players who still accept credit card payments, It will depend on the specific casino. Still, as a general rule of thumb, there will be no fees on VISA deposit or MasterCard deposit. Unfortunately, in some cases, there will be a small fee when withdrawing and funds but this is beyond the control of the chosen casino since there can be VISA withdrawal fees or MasterCard withdrawal fees. Make sure to check the fine-print of at the chosen casino before you make your first deposit.
What is VISA Electron?
VISA Electron is just a debit payment method offered by VISA. The key difference here is that, in contrast to VISA debit cards, you must have the necessary funds ready in your account at the same time of making a purchase with VISA Electron, as opposed to a debit card where you can still be in minus and still complete a transaction.
Creating a VISA Account
At the few casinos still accepting credit card payments from UK players it’s really simple to register for a VISA account. As long as you are accepted by visa you will be able to withdraw and deposit money using your favourite payment methods at credit card casinos in no time at all. Here is a short and accurate ‘how to’ guide for the VISA sign up process:
- Step 1: Head to the visa site. | For UK customers, this is the link: https://secure.checkout.visa.com/createAccount.
- Step 2: Sign up. | All you need to do is add your name, email address and preferred password.
- Step 3: Fill in the forms. | The process is quick and simple.
- Step 4: Verify. | The VISA team will ask you to send them an item of photographic ID to help verify your account.
Depositing and Withdrawing with a VISA Account
When you make any transaction with at an online casino that has credit cards as a payment method available, you will be asked to select your desired payment method. At this step select the VISA options from the list offered so that you can complete any VISA withdrawals and VISA deposits as and when you wish to.
Can You Use Credit Cards with Online Casino Bonuses?
With the casinos listed above which accept different kinds of credit card payments, the answer is yes. with any other casino, the answer will be no. By these casinos, all credit card options can be used for any exclusive offers or promotions, including VISA casino bonuses and VISA deposit bonuses.
Cashing Out Using Credit Cards
Withdrawing your winnings using credit cards is as simple as 1-2-3-4:
- Step 1: Head to the My Account/Cashier section of the casino.
- Step 2: Select ‘Withdrawal funds’.
- Step 3: Enter the amount.
- Step 4: Wait for payment.
What is Maestro?
Maestro is a type of debit card provided by MasterCard. These MasterCard cards were widely popular with the world of online gaming until the new UKGC credit card regulation. Today only few online casinos still accept Maestro as a payment method.
Creating a MasterCard Account
Opening a MasterCard account very simple, but, please note that you might need to speak with your bank rep. or a card issuer to actually receive your credit or debit card. Here’s an easy to follow how to:
- Step 1: Head to the MasterCard hub (https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb.html).
- Step 2: Select your bank using the dropdown menu.
- Step 3: Sign up for MasterCard from there.
Banking with a MasterCard Account
It’s easy as can be to make MasterCard withdrawals or deposits from your account at casinos accepting credit cards in the UK. Simply head to the casino’s lobby, select the Cashier link and choose MasterCard account from the options available.
Why Do Some Online Casinos Not Allow Withdrawals with MasterCard?
MasterCard is accepted in more than 180 countries – a large range that will cover the vast majority of online casino players. Yet, unfortunately there aren’t MasterCard casino sites in every country for players to gamble. And so for some players, MasterCard withdrawals is an unfortunate impossible consequence. Now, with the new UKGC credit card limitation regulation for UK players, this has also become a huge issue. The only safe casinos where you can still deposit and withdraw funds are the casinos listed above.
Can You Use MasterCard with An Online Casino Bonus?
Again, the answer is Yes, but only for the casinos listed above. MasterCard casinos provide bonuses that are available for all players. With most online casino sites today offering a number of exclusive offers and promotions to new players it simply a shame you can not take advantage of it with credit cards. That could be a MasterCard deposit bonus, free spins or weekly reload bonuses. Above, are the casinos where you can collect any bonus using a Mastercard.
Withdrawing funds Using MasterCard
After you were able to collect some winnings from your favourite betting sites, slot games, bingo games, Keno or table games, you will want the withdrawal process to be as efficient and simple as can be. In the majority of cases cashing out with MasterCard is simple. Here how:
- Step 1: Head to the ‘My Account’ or ‘Cashier’ sections of the online credit card casino.
- Step 2: Select ‘Withdrawal’.
- Step 3: Choose your MasterCard payment method.
- Step 4: Decide upon the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Step 5: Enjoy!
VISA vs MasterCard
There are some differences between MasterCard and VISA, these can be seen across debit cards and credit cards. Below are the important comparisons of VISA vs MasterCard:
|Security||VISA uses Verified by VISA.||MasterCard has three levels of security.|
|Availability||VISA is widely accepted across the world and anywhere online.||MasterCard is accepted in over 180 countries worldwide.|
|Insurance||VISA does not offer general insurance.||MasterCard cover against trip cancellations.|
|Added Extras||VISA offers exclusive discounts in travel, dining and retail.||MasterCard will refund the difference where the price of one of your purchases drops.|
DO'S & DON'T DO'S - CASINOS ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS
- Probably the most significant thing players should do before even starting to gamble is to set the gambling limit. After you have committed to a spending limit you can start playing. It is also very advised to set a profit limit, which should be reasonable.
- After players reach the profit limit at casinos accepting credit cards – we recommend they withdraw the money and quit. You might lose the very next bet you play as tempting as is to do.
- If you have gone past your set spending limit you committed to on credit card gambling sites, stop right there and leave the casino.
- Do not borrow or lend money for gambling purposes. This will only bring anxiety to your life.
- Try to learn the strategies of playing with real money before you gamble at casino sites allowing visa and MasterCard as payment methods – not after it. We strongly advise you to check the payment methods particularly.
- Take note of the customer support response time and availability prior to signing up with any casinos that accept visa, master card or any sort of credit card. If you feel that it is necessary, dial up the casino or send them an email with some kind of query or request and find out how long it will take them to take care of you.
- Make sure the casinos accepting credit cards are registered and licenced with specific Countries. This helps reduce the risk of being scammed.
- Take notice of any offer that may seem too big. They might be a trap and shady casinos are known to draw new, non-suspicous players this way.
- LEARN how to manage your money. This is more important than the game itself.
- Any reputable casinos accepting credit cards that offer online games will be licensed by a government or should be a member of the Interactive Gaming Council. Make sure your selected credit card casino has this.
- Once you go through the full terms and conditions of the casinos accepting credit cards that offer online casino games you can play with real money. If you have any issue understanding a clause, please call the customer support to get clarification before you deposit.
- Before you sign up at casinos with credit cards in the UK, send some time to play free online casino games. This will get you to judge the quality of the casino games much better, which can help you make a decision whether you are still interested in playing at the casino or not. Most respectable casinos accepting credit cards offer free casino games and let players judge the quality of the games without having to deposit.
- If anything looks as it is “too good to be true”, stay alert. Some UK casnios with visa, mastercard or other credit card options might offer huge welcome bonuses, but are not there to help when the time of cash-outs.
- Hold back and don’t gamble at casinos accepting credit cards if you are drunk or after consuming any sort of drug. This will without a doubt reduce your judgment ability.
- Hold back on gambling when you are mentally or physically not at your best.
- Don’t try to make up for possible losses by more bets at credit card UK casinos.
- If you are on a winning streak don’t become greedy. You might just lose what you had just won.
- Hold back on gambling more than the limit you committed to before gambling at casinos that accept credit card for UK players.
- DO NOT risk more funds than you can afford to lose, especially with new games or a game that you don’t know all the rules for very well.
- Any kind of underage gambling at credit card casinos for UK players is strictly prohibited – so don’t do it. Don’t place bets of any kinf on any casinos with credit card payment options offering online casino games, if you are not 18 years of age.
- Typically, with casinos that offer credit card as a banking option there is something called “Redemption Flowback”. This is to ensures that if while gambling, and your game freezes up – don’t worry. Your money will be credited back to your account. Just check with the casino support and they will be able to assist.
The online casino industry is one of the fastest-growing out there. There’s a new casino hitting the market every week, and unfortunately, not all are of equal quality. What’s more, there’s a bunch of scam casinos out there that only want to take your money. This is why it’s a good idea to learn a few tips and tricks that will help you pick the right online casino.
When looking for a new casino, make sure to check for its license. An MGA or UKGC license would be ideal, although you can also settle for other respected licenses. Gambling regulatory bodies such as the UK Gambling Commission have strict laws and regulations licensees must follow. Stray from the path, and the casino will lose its license for good.
You should also pay attention to the type of protection the online casino offers. All reputable credit card casinos UK are SSL-encrypted which promises your private data stays under lock & key. You can check that by clicking on the padlock next to the site’s address in your browser. If it’s green and says ‘Connection is secure’, you’re good to go.
Online gaming sites use firewalls to keep third parties away, so it’s a good idea to find an online casino that uses an established firewall brand.
Games are the most important part of any online casino and as such, should be fair and random. Reliable online casinos will have some kind of information about the reliability of their games – it can usually be found in the About Us section.
If all these factors check out, you’re free to register at your casino of choice and enjoy its games.
UK CREDIT CARD CASINOS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Are casinos with credit card payment options safe?
The safety and security depend exclusively on the brand, but, credit card casinos might even be safer than traditional UK casinos as they cater to more players from all over the world and need to meet their gaming expectations.
What are the advantages of gambling at casinos with credit cards?
Clearly, the biggest advantage is the ability to deposit and withdraw funds using credit cards: you can gamble in the same way you were used to up until the new UKGC credit card regulation.
What are the Disadvantages of gambling at credit card online gambling sites?
The #1 disadvantage is that these casinos are often non gamstop sites or not registered with UKCG. So, If you’re a problem gamblerplease scroll away and seek help. At casinos with visa or other credit card payment options, you won’t have the ability to go on a self-exclusion period.
Is it legal or illegal to play at casinos accepting credit cards in the UK?
Don’t worry, It’s completely legal to play at a credit card casino so long as it’s licensed with a regulatory body somewhere. For players from the UK, this licensing authority is the Gambling Commission, so any gambling site needs to have a UKGC license in order to operate legally in the United Kingdom. But the players can choose any operator they wish and it is legal.
How can I make a credit card deposit?
This depends on your choice of payment method, you go through a different deposit process. In a credit card casino, you can deposit using an e-wallet you have but also any credit card you choose
BOTTOM LINE - UK CASINOS ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS
The one thing that is important for you to remember when playing at websites with credit card options is that they are absolutely legal for players from the UK.
As a UK gmabler, you can choose to play at any casino site you like. Following the UK gambling law, casinos with credit card payment options are not forbidden to promote gaming platforms in the UK. This just means that the UKGC can have a problem with them permitting UK players to play at their casino sites. This means however, that it’s legal for the players to deposit at these casinos.
So, if you want to play at websites accepting credit cards – it’s not only legal but also safe and up to your decision.