If you’re a seasoned slot veteran and gambler, then it’s highly likely that you’ll already know a fair deal about how to keep yourself in the black when betting online. However, if you’re new to online casino gaming, you may need a bit of help balancing that bankroll of yours. The last thing you want to do is accidentally trigger GamStop or have to rely on self-exclusion tools to keep yourself safe. By following my expert advice, tailored, and honed over a decade of experience, I’ll help you manage your online gambling bankroll to ensure that you play safely, and that you’ve always got cash to splash. Let’s dive in.
Why Is Managing Your Bankroll Important?
Managing a good bankroll is critical if you hope to keep playing.
- If you burn through your cash too quickly, you’ll need to deposit again, costing you more money.
- If you’ve always got a healthy balance, you can play at the drop of a hat whenever a new tournament or game goes live.
- Ensuring that you’ve got good money management skills means it is more likely that the casino won’t consider you a problem gambler and block your account.
- Taking care of your balance is also good for your own mental well-being and helps to avoid unnecessary financial stress.
How to Keep Yourself in the Black
How do you keep yourself in the black when playing casino games, though? Surely, if you bet regularly, your balance will deplete rather rapidly? Well, that isn’t actually the case. There are six tips and rules that you can use, which I’ve developed in over fifteen years of playing to keep myself well-funded. I’m going to share those with you below. They include:
Rule #1 – Don’t Overspend…Ever
If you’ve made a bit of headway and managed to accumulate a small sum, you want to think about whether cashing out those winnings is the best course of action. If you do decide to play on and increase your bets, only do so with your “winnings”. Even if you’re playing at no-limit online casinos, you should be cautious about how much you deposit, too.
Rule #2 – Only Claim Beneficial Bonuses
Claiming a decent casino bonus will be good for your balance, and snapping up an extensive welcome offer is a great way to start. However, you should always check the T&Cs, specifically wagering requirements, before claiming an offer. It is often the case that a 100% match deposit bonus casinos are usually more favourable than, say, a 400% casino bonus, as it offers a decent sum but with lower playthrough rates.
Rule #3 – Stick to Low Variance Games
Winning regularly and pocketing smaller wins in the process is a better way of balancing your budget than wagering on highly volatile games that pay big prizes but are much more infrequent. Stay away from most MegaWays games from providers such as Big Time Gaming and other highly volatile slots until you have a decent bankroll.
Rule #4 – Only Play Slots with High RTP Rates
You should only ever play slots which have extensive RTP rates. I don’t recommend playing any game that has an RTP lower than 95%. Aim for the ones that have 96%, 97%, or even higher, as they offer you more bang for your buck when betting on slots online. You can check RTP rates on the game’s paytable.
Rule #5 – Mix It Up, Switch Games and Take Breaks
Try not to stick to the same slot all the time. It’s a good idea to switch games for variety. I’d also recommend test-driving new slots by using free-to-play demo games. There are usually several clone slots of each top-tier game, and some can offer you better features than their more well-known counterparts. Don’t forget to take breaks, too. Your balance will last longer if you take a breather away from the game.
Rule #6 – Make Use of Responsible Gambling Tools
Lastly, try to make use of responsible gambling tools. I’m talking specifically about deposit and wager limits and reality checks here. These will stop you from overspending and keep tabs on how long you’ve played. Also, deposit and wager histories are worth exploring so you can get a better handle on how much you’ve lost versus won while playing.
Five Things to Avoid If You Want a Good Bankroll
As well as things you should definitely do to help your bankroll stay balanced, there are also one or two things you may wish to consider avoiding. I’ll briefly touch on these now. They include:
- Don’t Play at GamStop Sites: Choosing to play at GamStop sites may see you accidentally trigger a lengthy self-exclusion period, which can freeze your funds.
- Count Those Bonuses: Never claim more than one bonus at a time. Doing so can see you accumulate wagering requirements, meaning that you’ll burn through your balance trying to clear them.
- It May Not Pay: You shouldn’t assume a game that hasn’t paid out for a while is “due” to do so. Games are run using algorithms and produce random results. Don’t burn through your budget thinking a win is nearby.
- Don’t Reverse Withdrawals: A good way to keep a healthy balance is to not reinvest your winnings. Be sure to withdraw the bulk of your haul. Moreover, don’t reverse any withdrawal you’ve begun. That’s a slippery slope.
- Don’t Ignore KYC if Requested: If you’re asked for KYC details, don’t ignore the call. Failure to provide any necessary KYC documentation can see your funds (sometimes even your account) frozen.
Manage Your Bankroll at Trusted Casinos with Great Games and Deals
By now, you should know the tips and tricks to keep a healthy balance when betting on slots, table games, live casino titles and more. As you can see, there are certain things you can do (and avoid) to keep yourself in the game. Just make sure that you sign up for a reputable non-GamStop casino which is licensed, regulated, and offers RNG-certified games. You can find many of these by exploring the casino reviews found here on this site. Once you come across one, sign up as a new player to begin your adventure today.
Best Trusted Casinos for 2024
- Sign up bonus950% up to £7000 *T&C ApplyComplete Casino and betting site Non Gamstop Casino Crypto friendly Amazing sports sectionNonStop Casino ReviewJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£1,500 *T&C ApplyNo Deposit Bonus available Non Gamstop Casino Crypto & Cards Great games offeringMrBigWins Casino ReviewJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£500 *T&C ApplyNew Non Gamstop Casino Sportsbetting Live Casino Great selection of casino games and slotsNon-Gamstop.co Casino ReviewJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£3000 *T&C ApplyNon Gamstop Casino Accepts all crypto Complete casino offering Sports FreebetRED LION CASINO REVIEWJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£800 *T&C ApplyNon Gamstop Casino Incredible selection of games Solid breadth of payment options Live Dealers casinoBLOOD MOON CASINO REVIEWJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£1200 *T&C ApplyGreat new Non-Gamstop Casino Complete casino package Daily 10% auto cashbacks Low withdrawal timeframesSLOTS DREAMER CASINO REVIEWJoin Now
- Sign up bonus£1000 *T&C ApplyCasino games from all from great developers Non gamstop Casino Accepts all credit cards & crypto Great support teamPLAYERS CLUB VIP CASINO REVIEWJoin Now